Review & Analysis of Complex Medical Records
What is a Legal Nurse Consultant?
A legal nurse consultant (LNC) is an experienced registered nurse who assists medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys, insurance carriers, and hospital risk managers in analysis and development of health care liability claims.
The Medical Insider You Need On Your Team
Nurse consultants can review complex medical records to prepare confidential work products that are used for litigation.
Legal nurse consultants will:
- Analyze initial claim information to determine the merit of a case
- Prepare detailed medical chronologies and summaries while addressing allegations set forth in a claim
- Conduct medical research and summarize medical literature
- Develop questions used in deposition and trial
- Prepare trial exhibits
- Locate expert witnesses
- Interpret health care regulatory requirements
- Identify standards of care, causation, and damage estimates
What LNCs can provide:
- Medical chronology
- Medical summary
- Deposition summary
- Research summary
- Medical Research Bibliography
- Attendance at an independent medical examination (with written summary and conclusions)
Our Partner: Pearce Legal Nurse Consulting
Anna Marie Pearce, BA, BSAS, RN, CNOR, LNC
Learn more about Anna’s 25+ years of experience and specialties
Services are billed at an hourly rate. Contact our partner for more details.
Questions about Legal Nurse Consulting?
We can help determine if it’s right for you 888.277.2204.